In Real Life

by Cory Doctorow, Jen Wang | Graphic Novels |
Registered by wingHI77wing of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 9/2/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingHI77wing from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, September 02, 2018
A girl with to weak a bite,

learnsf inally to roar
and lunge forward.

Journal Entry 2 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, September 16, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (9/11/2018 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

I actually got the audio book "For The Win" by Cory Doctorow that I had listened to before I wound up reading this book.

They both ran the same kind of storyline based on what's really going on in the world and the sad state of affairs. And while I realize that this format is limiting, I found the story to be lacking way too much. It was just very kiddy in the lack of real oommpfh. Like more appropriate for a preteen. But the subject matter was too old for a preteen. So it just fails in my opinion.

If you want a really great story on the same type of subject, it's better to read 'For the Win'.

Either way though, this book has become part of a trade. So off it goes! :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, September 22, 2018
The Big Box of Trade Books arrived safely today; many thanks! I'd read Doctorow's short story "Anda's Game" in the Press Start to Play anthology, and was interested to read the graphic-novel version. The story pits in-game warriors against real-world worker-abuse (via sweatshops devoted to game-grinding for treasure that can be sold online). The graphic novel format enhanced much of the story for me - I like the art-style.

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Lincoln Park in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, September 29, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (9/29/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Lincoln Park in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in one of the eight new Little Free Libraries in town (bringing the total LFLs to 15!). Hope the finder enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***