Berlin Tales

by Helen Constantine (ed.) | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0199559384 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingApoloniaXwing of Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on 9/2/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingApoloniaXwing from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on Sunday, September 02, 2018
Blurb:
These seventeen stories take us on a journey around the extraordinary city of Berlin, past and pressent. The decadence and modernity of the Weimar Republic years, the horrors of war, the divided city and the decades of the Cold War, the fall of the Wall, and the experience of reintegration are all distilled in the miniaturist stories - by turns tragic, humourous, and intensely personal.

Journal Entry 2 by wingApoloniaXwing at Ipswich BC Unconvention in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Sunday, September 30, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (10/6/2018 UTC) at Ipswich BC Unconvention in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Part of a raffle prize for the Ipswich UnConvention.
Congrats, dear winner!

Journal Entry 3 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Thursday, October 11, 2018
I was going to add this book to my wishlist, but as I was the lucky recipient of the Berlin raffle prize I now don't need to! Thank you so much for everything included - as many times as I've been to Berlin I've rarely bought souveniers from there, but now I have a whole bunch :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, January 30, 2019
Quite a varied selection of stories, some more interesting than others as is usually the case with anthologies, but overall very enjoyable. With a few stories I would have hoped for more clues on what decade they were presenting as it wasn't always clear, but that's not really a big deal. Will have to go back to the author listing and see if there are names that I'd like to read more about sometime...

(Helmet -lukuhaaste #44: kirja kertoo Berliinistä)

Released 2 mos ago (4/26/2019 UTC) at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Released at the Convention

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 6 by wing3malglueckwing at Lankwitz, Berlin Germany on Saturday, April 27, 2019
How funny! The book returns to Berlin ;-)