Black Beauty (Great Illustrated Classics)

by Anna Sewell | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingDove-i-Libriwing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 8/31/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingDove-i-Libriwing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, August 31, 2018
These books have been in the house since The Librettos were being homeschooled about 2000-2001. Time to register them. I'm saving them to put in my very own Little Free Library some day!

What a wonderful way for young people to be introduced to the classics of literature. Hopefully, feeling familiar with the material, they will go on someday to tackle the unedited versions!

"... A Horse's Life! A horse's life can be filled with love and tenderness. It can also be filled with meanness and cruelty. Black Beauty learns both sides of life in this classic tale by Anna Sewell. Told from a horse's point of view, Black Beauty's own story takes you into the mind and heart of a sensitive animal searching for love and understanding. From happy times as a young foal romping with his mother, Duchess, to harsh years as a cab horse in the city and finally to a peaceful old age, Black Beauty's life shows that horses have feelings too, and sometimes even know things people don't. …"

Going to read this classic that I have never read for my 2018 Reduce Mount TBR Challenge (Link).