The Little Prince

by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0152023984 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 8/30/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, August 30, 2018
I got this hardcover (missing its dust jacket) from the Nashua Public Library's donations to the Little Free Library program.

I first read The Little Prince in my grandmother's house in Louisiana, over 40 years ago - and if anything this odd, bittersweet, sometimes disturbing fable is even better now - still made me smile, still made me cry... (Of the many screen adaptations, the most memorable for me is the 1974 live-action musical version; it does have its flaws, but Gene Wilder's poignant turn as the fox was wonderful.)

Something I didn't know when I first read the book so long ago: within a year of the publication of "The Little Prince," Saint-Exupéry's plane vanished over the Mediterranean during a reconnaissance flight. Seems appropriate, somehow, that he would just disappear.

[There's a TV Tropes page on the book and some of its adaptations, with some entertaining tidbits.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, 214 Main St. in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (9/4/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, 214 Main St. in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library on this warm day; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 September Sapphire release challenge, for the mostly-blue cover. ***

*** Released for the 2018 Movie release challenge. ***