The New Madrid Run

by Michael Reisig | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 8/28/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, August 28, 2018
I found this softcover on the book-swap shelf in the Tyngsboro MA post office lobby. It's about a global apocalypse triggered by the shifting of the poles, resulting in flooding, earthquakes, and more. The opening scenes feature hero Travis Christian making a dramatic last-second escape from a tsunami via airplane and sailboat - indeed, this bit reminded me of the more improbable scenes from the movie "2012" - and then tries to find his way to safe ground, while rescuing other survivors and fending off people who've gone off the deep end.

I admit that the story didn't hold my interest past the opening paragraphs; nothing especially wrong with it, just wasn't piquing my interest. I did skim to the end to see how things worked out, and the finale was more promising than the opening would have led me to expect {wry grin}, but I wasn't motivated to go back and read the rest of the characters' journey.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Emerald Dr in Dracut, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, March 21, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (3/21/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Emerald Dr in Dracut, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2019 Oh the Places We Can Go release challenge. ***