Deadeye Dick

by Kurt Vonnegut | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 058609010X Global Overview for this book
Registered by slipperbunny of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 8/25/2018
Journal Entry 1 by slipperbunny from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, August 25, 2018
"Deadeye Dick is Vonnegut's funny, chillingly satirical look at the death of innocence. Amid a true Vonnegutian host of horrors—a double murder, a fatal dose of radioactivity, a decapitation, an annihilation of a city by a neutron bomb—Rudy Waltz, a.k.a. Deadeye Dick, takes us along on a zany search for absolution and happiness. Here is a tale of crime and punishment that makes us rethink what we believe and who we say we are."

Found this from the recycling shelf at the Arabia library and read this month. Not the best book from Vonnegut but funny and the main character was interesting.

Journal Entry 2 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, May 04, 2020

Released 11 mos ago (5/6/2020 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

This goes out to the winner of the monthly lottery. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Delenna at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, May 08, 2020

Journal Entry 4 by Delenna at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, February 02, 2021
If this is "not the best of Vonnegut" I definitely want to read the others! This was entertaining although it had very dark features too. The narrator doesn't hide anything or tease us with hints, he tells us everything. Even things I didn't have time to ask. This is refreshing!

Journal Entry 5 by Delenna at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (2/25/2021 UTC) at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Sending this as a bonus not-quite-detective-story to the winner of the monthly draw (Teetä ja dekkaria).

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, February 27, 2021
Thanks very much for this and everything else! I've never read Vonnegut(!) so this should be interesting.