The Not-So-Nude Ride of Lady Godiva: & Other Morsels of Misinformation from the History Books

by David Haviland | History |
Registered by Skyring of Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on 8/25/2018
Journal Entry 1 by Skyring from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, August 25, 2018
I lifted this from the Coombs Street Library. I find it hard to pass one of these depositories of free books without grabbing one or two and running away before anyone notices. Like the barrows outside second-hand booksellers, I guess. They wouldn't put them outside unless they didn't mind people running off with them, yeah?

Anyway, this turned out not to be the naked romp through time I expected. Should have read the whole title, eh?

Anyway, this is its own repository of fun facts. Amaze and astound your friends!

Journal Entry 2 by winggoldenwattlewing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, August 25, 2018
Picked up at the Bookcrossing meet-up at Wig & Pen Tavern & Brewery, Canberra, ACT. Thank you.

Journal Entry 3 by winggoldenwattlewing at Cranebrook, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, December 26, 2019
An interesting read; better than I expected.

Journal Entry 4 by Needle-n-Thread at Nouméa, South Province New Caledonia on Thursday, December 26, 2019
This book tells the historical things that happened and weren’t recorded correctly and the author has discovered what really happened. For instance as well as Lady Godiva there was the Boston Tea Party, World War 1, Queen Victoria and other stories about Royal families. All quite interesting.

Journal Entry 5 by winggoldenwattlewing at Civic, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, January 24, 2020

Released 8 mos ago (1/25/2020 UTC) at Civic, Australian Capital Territory Australia

Taking to the Bookcrossing meet at the City Labour Club in Civic, ACT. Enjoy.
Picked up by Hotfrog.