8 Bodies is Enough

by Stephanie Bond | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 1945002166 Global Overview for this book
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 8/21/2018
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, August 21, 2018
When you gamble with the truth...

Carlotta Wren is off on another adventure--this time following a lead from her jailbird father to Las Vegas to find out what happened to her long-lost mother. Unaware of Carlotta's mission, her brother Wesley tags along with grandiose designs of winning big with a secret bag of cash he found. But as soon as the Wren siblings hit Sin City, their luck runs cold. A dead man spoils Carlotta's plan and before she knows it, the entire gang from Atlanta has descended to aid, abet, and aggravate. Wes has problems of his own when it turns out the found money belongs to seriously bad men who want it back.

You might lose more than you can afford...

With the odds stacked against them, Carlotta and Wes keep rolling the dice. Too late, Wes learns he's accidentally blown his father's case wide open. Someone wants the Wrens--all of them--to cash in their chips for good. And when Carlotta uncovers the real reason behind her parents' disappearance, it yanks her life in a new direction.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, August 21, 2018
My Review: This time the main cast of characters is in Las Vegas. The vacation turns into a working vacation when Carlotta finds a dead body in her hotel room. Mayhem and chaos follow Carlotta and her friends/family to sin city. I was quite surprised by the ending. The "bad guy" who is following Carlotta and probably means to harm/kill her is totally out of left field. I think most people will be shocked. I don't want to give away any spoilers, you just have to read the book.

The next book in this series is only on Kindle, so not sure when I will get to read that one.

DVG has most of this series on her wishlist so I plan to send them to her soon.