Frankenstein

by Mary Shelley | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingmelydiawing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 8/20/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingmelydiawing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Monday, August 20, 2018
Found in a Little Free Library in Fort Hunt, VA.

Forget all the Frankenstein stereotypes you know. Forget Igor, grave robbing, neck bolts, electricity, and mobs of angry villagers carrying torches. Victor Frankenstein is a student of natural philosophy (what science was evidently called back then) who plays with chemicals in order to create life from dead tissue. The monster, which remains nameless throughout the story, so frightens Victor that he runs away and tries to forget about it. The monster, initially gentle but driven to cruelty by the repeated condemnation by mankind, vows to ruin Victor's life in return for creating his misery. It's an interesting story, one that touches less obviously on the ethics of scientific experimentation, but says quite a lot about the unfortunate importance of beauty in society. Victor is more naive and pitiful than evil or mad. Definitely one worth reading, but don't go in expecting anything like those famous old movies.

Registered in Rockville, Maryland, USA.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmelydiawing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Monday, September 03, 2018
Put this in my Little Free Library. I'll make release notes once my LFL has been registered.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqnutZipswing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, September 08, 2018
Went by to see fellow BookCrosser "melydia's" new LFL at her new home in Rockville, Md. Found this book and took it home.
I meant to leave a book but I didn't get around to registering one to leave. Next time.

"melydia" I'm sure U noticed the new LFL on Bauer Drive. I found a BC book in that one registered by "6of8". How did it get there???

BTW, U have a great lawn, so lush and green
The best to U & your hubby in your new home.

Journal Entry 4 by wingSqnutZipswing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Sunday, October 21, 2018
To be released into the wild for others to enjoy.

Gothic thriller. The original classic, "Frankenstein" written by Mary Shelly is nothing like the Dr. Frankenstein and the monster he created which got out of human control as portrayed in modern and popular culture and movies.

Dr. Frankensein's creation is physically monstrous but agile and swift not lumbering. The monster is highly intelligent, has deep feelings , wants to be loved, have a wife and friends and to be able fit into society.

"It is the portrayal of a scientist who oversteps the bounds of conscience, and of a monster brought to life in an alien world, ever more desperately attempting to escape the torture of his solitude." Signet Classics

Journal Entry 5 by wingSqnutZipswing at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Carlyle Center) in Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 21, 2018

Released 3 wks ago (10/21/2018 UTC) at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Carlyle Center) in Alexandria, Virginia USA

Celebrating the Bicentennial of the New Years day, 1818 release of Shelly's "Frankenstein". This book is being released at the BCinDC monthly meet up and haunted Alexandria walk. This October's meet up is being held in remembrance of fellow BC'er "FURBALL" who loved Halloween.

Also being released for the
Spook-Tacular October 2018 release challenge. This book has "FRANKENSTEIN" in the title. http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/555221

To the person who finds this book.....
Keep it or release it, read it or not, but please make a journal entry to let me know it's been found. Keep it, pass it on to a friend or release it into the wild.... let the journey continue.....

If you are new to BookCrossing, welcome! You can remain anonymous or join BookCrossing, it's free and loads of fun.

Journal Entry 6 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 21, 2018
I spotted this on the table today during our BCinDC meetup. I've earread a copy of this book, so I'm leaving my thoughts here so I can follow the book's journey in the future.

I spent months in 7th grade studying this book with my English class. It was really interesting to analyze its many themes so in-depth.

Journal Entry 7 by FortHuntLFL at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 21, 2018
Thank you for the donation to my Little Free Library! I'll be putting this out as a Halloween themed book.

10/30/2018 - it's the right time of year for this book - it's already gone!