A Wicked Old Woman

by Ravinder Randhawa | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 070434078x Global Overview for this book
Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 4/2/2004
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, April 02, 2004
Bought second-hand specifically for bookcrossing.

Registered for the Race to a Million Bookcrossing Challenge.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, August 27, 2017
Wow, so this book sat in Mt TBR for quite a few years! But it finally made it to the top...

Unfortunately, it wasn't really worth the wait - it was ok, but kind of confusing: a huge cast of characters, constantly skipping points of view, and sudden leaps back in time with few clues that that had happened, so that I'd sometimes be several pages into a flashback and getting increasingly confused before I'd realise what was going on. And I never did figure out why Kulwant was trying to turn herself into an old woman.

Despite all those faults, it wasn't a terrible book - the characters are sympathetic enough that you get attached to their fates, which was enough to keep me battling through the confusion to find out what happens to them. But it's definitely not a great book either.

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat at Stewart Island, Southland New Zealand on Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (10/13/2017 UTC) at Stewart Island, Southland New Zealand

Added to the piles of books on the table at dinner on the first night of the Stewart Island uncon.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 4 by wingSherlockfanwing at Hobart, Tasmania Australia on Sunday, December 02, 2018
FutureCat, I hope you - in your capacity as a kind helper to incompetent users of the BC site- can fix a muddle that I have got myself into. Couldn't seem to remember how to enter a catch and instead "Registered a book".
The new number that the book has been given is 935-15302840. I would prefer that that entry could be somehow rescinded and I could be treated as having "found" this book. As I have quite a few other books to register, finally, I would appreciate instructions on how to register a catch. Maybe I am using an old version as I understand that there is a marvelous new BC website but it didn't work for me. In the past the little box appeared at the top once one logged on so you just entered the BCID number and off you went detailing where you found it etc. Feel such a klutz! Please help.
PS How are you getting on with the Race to a Million Challenge? Go You!!!

Journal Entry 5 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, December 04, 2018
Hi Sherlockfan,

It's a bit confusing with the new site, but I've found the easiest way to catch a book is to click on the Ballycumber on the top left of the screen, which takes you to a page with a big "What is BookCrossing?" message. Just above the "What is BookCrossing" is the space where you can enter a book's BCID and make a journal entry.

I'm not sure if there's an easy way to delete the book you registered in error - what I normally do is find another book I do want to register, and "recycle" the BCID for the new book, by editing the title, author etc to match the new book. Otherwise you might need to ask the support team to delete it for you - click the "contact us" at the bottom of the page, and select "I need support with the website".

Hope that makes sense!