Curse Of The Blue Tattoo

by L. A. Meyer | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0152054596 Global Overview for this book
Registered by debvstar1960 of Londonderry, New Hampshire USA on 8/19/2018
Journal Entry 1 by debvstar1960 from Londonderry, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, August 19, 2018
This is book #2 in a series of 12. Book #1 can be checked out of the library.

This is about an adventure of a young girl. It makes you laugh and keeps you reading. It says for young adults but I am a senior and have enjoyed it very much.

I will be releasing the rest in the series as I read them.

Journal Entry 2 by debvstar1960 at Hudson, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, August 19, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (8/19/2018 UTC) at Hudson, New Hampshire USA

I am releasing this book at Benson's Animal Park, Hudson, NH

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, September 09, 2018
I found this book in the Little Free Library in Benson Park while dropping off some books of my own. I'd read the previous book, Under the Jolly Roger, and am glad of a chance to read this one. (And to release it for the upcoming "Talk Like a Pirate Day" challenge!)

Later: This picks up on the life of young Jacky as she's trading in shipboard life for a stint in a school for young ladies. (Yeah, that's going to go well!) She makes some new friends there despite being very much a fish out of water, but finds her way back to the sea soon enough. For all the wackiness, there are some very dark elements to the story - but it gives our heroine something serious to strive against and (we hope) eventually triumph over, though this volume climaxes with a disastrous fire in Boston for which Jacky shares some of the blame...

[There's a TV Tropes page on the series, with some entertaining tidbits.]

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Brook Rd (see notes) in Mont Vernon, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (9/19/2018 UTC) at Brook Rd (see notes) in Mont Vernon, New Hampshire USA

I left this book, bagged against the elements, on the gate in front of the eerie, huge, weatherworn Santa figure on the property of the now-derelict Beaver Brook Farm and Transportation Museum, while geocaching nearby. (The St. Nick figure is a lot bigger than it looks in the photo!) Hope the finder enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***