The House Swap

by Rebecca Fleet | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by dvg of Toms River, New Jersey USA on 8/17/2018
Journal Entry 1 by dvg from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Friday, August 17, 2018
Be careful who you let in . . .

When Caroline and Francis receive an offer to house swap--from their city flat to a townhouse in a leafy, upscale London suburb--they jump at the chance for a week away from home, their son, and the tensions that have pushed their marriage to the brink.

As the couple settles in, the old problems that permeate their marriage--his unhealthy behaviors, her indiscretions--start bubbling to the surface. But while they attempt to mend their relationship, their neighbor, an intense young woman, is showing a little too much interest in their activities.

Meanwhile, Caroline slowly begins to uncover some signs of life in the stark house--signs of her life. The flowers in the bathroom or the music might seem innocent to anyone else--but to her they are clues. It seems the person they have swapped with is someone who knows her, someone who knows the secrets she's desperate to forget...

Journal Entry 2 by dvg at RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, August 24, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (8/24/2018 UTC) at RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Their marriage in need of some TLC and time for a vacation, Caroline and Francis decide to house swap. Their vacation home is a bit sparse; their young neighbor seems a bit clingy. On this vacation, things are not what they appear to be. Familiar items left about stir up an affair Caroline had while text messages make her wonder exactly who is in her home.

The story starts off a bit slow but the pace quickens as you fall into the pages. The story bounces from the past to the current in an effort to help you understand what is happening. I read this book in two sittings. Totally enjoyable and the author is one to watch if you are someone who enjoys a good thriller.

Sharing this with JennyC1230 who had this title on her Goodreads TBR list.
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, September 04, 2018
DVG, Thank you so much! I probably saw that you entered this giveaway on Goodreads and thought it looked good, so I entered, too. Thanks for sharing it with me! It looks like a good suspenseful read.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, December 30, 2018
My Review: Wow! What an awesome book, the story line seems kind of basic, maybe a bit cliche, but the author takes it to another level because the story skips around in time and there are red herrings that make you think one thing when it's wrong. I read this on and off all day and finished it within a day. I couldn't wait to see what happened at the end.

This is the first book from Rebecca Fleet, but another one is coming out in 2020: The Second Wife. I can't wait. If you like this type of book, I highly recommend Ruth Ware, her suspenseful thriller mysteries are amazing.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Little Free Library - Downtown Woodstock in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, September 07, 2020

Released 5 mos ago (9/7/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library - Downtown Woodstock in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left in the Little Free Library on the sidewalk outside of Dean's Store at 8588 Main Street in Woodstock, Georgia. It's full of books right now. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, September 14, 2020
This book has twists and turns at every chapter. Keeps you guessing the whole time. Loved it.