Famous Tales of Mystery and Horror

by Edgar Allan Poe | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 8/10/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, August 10, 2018
I got this slim softcover at the Book Cellar. It contains five of Poe's stories, including "The Tell-tale Heart", "The Oblong Box", "The Purloined Letter", "Murders in the Rue Morgue," and "Masque of the Red Death", which inspired a number of screen adaptations, with the 1964 version being my favorite.

Released 1 yr ago (8/10/2018 UTC) at Corner of Boylston Street and Charles Street in Boston, Massachusetts USA

I plan to leave this book on or near the Edgar Allan Poe statue at Boylston and Charles Streets; hope someone enjoys it! (Later: left the book inside the suitcase, a perfect spot. Do check behind the statue if you visit - there's a "telltale heart" included in the design...)

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Movie release challenge. ***

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Boston, Massachusetts USA on Friday, August 17, 2018
Found this book on my way back from lunch during work. This week we happened to have a co worker from Brazil visiting us so I am sending it off with him today and he will be the next one to leave it! Enjoy!