World Mythology in Bite-Sized Chunks

by Mark Daniels | Nonfiction |
Registered by wingAbi-Gibbywing of Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on 8/2/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingAbi-Gibbywing from Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Thursday, August 02, 2018
Bookshelf declutter of previously read books, so it is finally time for this book to start its travels and find a whole bunch of new readers

Released 1 yr ago (10/5/2018 UTC) at Mythological Sweepstakes., -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

***Please Note***

Journal Entry 3 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, October 18, 2018
I am the decoy of this round. Thank you for the book. It has a little of everything.

------------------------------
Updated January 15, 2019

A nice quick introduction into world mythology.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Released 8 mos ago (2/6/2019 UTC) at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

On its way to the winner of the Mythological sweeps. Sorry for taking so long to send. I hope the book will not take too long to arrive and I hope you like the book. 8)

Journal Entry 5 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Wednesday, February 27, 2019
This interesting-looking book arrived in Delphi, Greece today along with a nice postcard and an extra book label : ) Thank you very much!

Journal Entry 6 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Saturday, April 06, 2019
This was a too simplistic, quick and not always errorless book. As a Greek my self, I guess the fact that Greek Mythology takes nearly double space than other Mythologies boasts my ego a bit, but on the other hand, those were stories that I was familiar with and I'd love to read more about myths of other cultures. The book touches its subject very superficially. Most chapters are 20 pages long or so, while Mythologies from many parts of the world aren't mentioned at all (For example what about Japan, Celts, India, Africa and so on?)
Furthermore, the author tends to simplify a lot and treats diverse cultures and mythologies as one entity, (say myths from China, North America etc), while in reality tons of diverse and different tribes and civilisations inhabited said areas of the world. There are some typos and errors in context here and there too, while naturally the book was too fragmental for my taste.

That said, the title of the book said it all, so one can't complain. It was an OK read within its merrits and it's fine as a very quick and generic introduction to various mythological systems.

Thank you once again mcsar and Abi-Gibby!

Journal Entry 7 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at to an OBCZ, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 18, 2019

Released 6 mos ago (4/18/2019 UTC) at to an OBCZ, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This book will now continue its travels to Ramada, Portugal, in order to support a new OBCZ in a High School!

Good Luck!

Journal Entry 8 by BookCrossRamada at Ramada, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Thursday, May 02, 2019
Hello everyone!
The book has already arrived in Portugal ... His journey will continue!
Thank you so much for sharing!
We will release it this weekend at the Ramada's 1st Solidarity Market.

Libertado no 1º Mercadito Solidário da Ramada