A Room with a View (Penguin Twentieth-Century Classics)

by E. M. Forster | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPelluwing of Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on 8/1/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingPelluwing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, August 01, 2018
Backcover:
Visiting Florence with her prim and proper cousin Charlotte as a chaperone, Lucy Honeychurch meets the unconventional, lower-class Mr Emerson and his son, George. Upon her return to England, Lucy becomes engaged to the supercilious Cecil Vyse, but she finds herself increasingly torn between the expectations of the world in which she moves and the passionate yearnings of her heart.More than a love story, A Room with a View (1908) is a penetrating social comedy and a brilliant study of contrasts - in values, social class, and cultural perspectives - and the ingenuity of fate.
23.6.2019
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are well written. The explanatory notes were very helpful when reading this.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPelluwing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, July 03, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (7/3/2019 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Congrats for winning the Classics Sweepstakes!

(I think I wrote another sweepstakes name in the little note that I put with the book, but yes, this is a book for Classics Sweepstakes.)

Journal Entry 3 by book-a-neer at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, July 21, 2019
I have heard of this book and it’s always been in my radar as something to read sometime. Thanks pellu for sharing this with me.