Baby Doll

by Hollie Overton | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingJ4Shawwing of Boise, Idaho USA on 7/31/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingJ4Shawwing from Boise, Idaho USA on Tuesday, July 31, 2018
About the Author:
Hollie Overton is a TV writer and producer. She has written for Shadowhunters, Cold Case, and The Client List, Hollie's debut thriller,"Baby Doll" is an international bestseller and was published in eleven countries.
An identical twin, Hollie grew up in Kingsville, Texas but now resides in LA with her husband and rescue dog Stevie.

About the Book:
Held captive for eight years, Lily has grown from a teenager to an adult in a small basement prison. Her daughter Sky has been a captive her whole life. But one day their captor leaves the deadbolt unlocked.

This is what happens next......to her twin sister, to her mother, to her daughter...and to her captor.

My Review: Read October 2018
I had a real issue with the use of "Mr Hanson" throughout reading this. I'm sure that under the circumstances, the "Mr" would be dropped when making references to the man who had abducted and held captive a schoolgirl!
There were also struggles I had with things such as how Sky seemed to adapt quite easily to the outside world, and also how Lily was driving around like she hadn't been held captive for so long.
I understand its a work of fiction, but there were things that were skimmed over which had they actually been explored as sticking points, would have made the book's plot more believable.

Journal Entry 2 by wingJ4Shawwing at Vancouver, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Sunday, September 01, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (9/1/2019 UTC) at Vancouver, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

Releasing in a big Mcsar promised bundle. Finally made it to Vancouver to hand this over in person!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, September 01, 2019
Thank you for the book and all the others. This one has an interesting premise. I hope I'd enjoy it more than you did.

____________
Reserved as a wish list tag for mattandmandy75

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, December 21, 2019
On the positive side, the book was a page turner that I finished quickly. But I also took issue with how Sky and Lily adapted to life after captivity, especially with Lily. Of course, it took a strong spirit to survive eight years of captivity, but she was just too strong willed and assertive right away that makes her character less believable.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmcsarwing at Wishlist tag game, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, January 24, 2020

Released 8 mos ago (1/24/2020 UTC) at Wishlist tag game, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

The book is finally on its way to the next reader.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmattandmandy75wing at Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on Thursday, February 13, 2020
Thank you for this wishlist book which has made it's journey across the sea to the land "down under".
Looking forward to reading it!