Stardust

by Neil Gaiman | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by JessicaEby of Cambridge, Ontario Canada on 7/31/2018
Journal Entry 1 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, July 31, 2018
Today I found a small stack of books that I packed away at the end of 2016, and this book was among them. In 2017, I focused my reading and bookcrossing activity on Canadian literature, so when the year changed over from 2016 to 2017 I packed away some unregistered (non-Canadian) books I had with notes tucked inside for future reference. Now that my Can-Lit project is over, I am registering them so they can be passed on.

I bought this book in May of 2016 at the New Hamburg Mennonite Relief Sale in New Hamburg, Ontario. I'd seen the movie and thought it was pretty good, so I thought it would be fun to read the book too.

I enjoyed the book, although I think the movie and the book were fairly different. In some ways I think the book was much more my style, though there were some things I preferred about the movie too. I'd never read Neil Gaiman before, and I enjoyed his writing style, even though there were some things in terms of content and humor that were not to my taste.

Journal Entry 2 by JessicaEby at Walden Galleria in Cheektowaga, New York USA on Sunday, December 16, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (12/16/2018 UTC) at Walden Galleria in Cheektowaga, New York USA

My husband and I spent today in the Niagara/Buffalo area and I released this book while shopping at Walden Galleria. I was hoping to find a nice big Christmas star to leave it with; in the end I left it on the arm of a comfy chair with a lovely view of the star on top of the mall's Christmas tree. It was upstairs, just outside of the movie theatre-- also kind of fitting as this is a book that has been turned into a movie!

If you've found this book, thanks for picking it up and checking out its journal! If you're new to bookcrossing, welcome. We'd love it if you'd stick around with us a while. I really hope that you enjoy both this book and the whole bookcrossing experience!

This book was released as part of the 2018 "52 Towns in 52 Weeks" Release Challenge. Cheektowaga was Town #50 for me! This release was also part of the Snap Release Game.