Pandora (New Tales of the Vampires)

by Anne Rice | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingheartthumperwing of Hutchinson, Kansas USA on 7/17/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingheartthumperwing from Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Tuesday, July 17, 2018
The novel opens in present-day Paris in a crowded café, where David meets Pandora. She is two thousand years old, a Child of the Millennia, the first vampire ever made by the great Marius. David persuades her to tell the story of her life.

Pandora begins, reluctantly at first and then with increasing passion, to recount her mesmerizing tale, which takes us through the ages, from Imperial Rome to eighteenth-century France to twentieth-century Paris and New Orleans. She carries us back to her mortal girlhood in the world of Caesar Augustus, a world chronicled by Ovid and Petronius. This is where Pandora meets and falls in love with the handsome, charismatic, lighthearted, still-mortal Marius. This is the Rome she is forced to flee in fear of assassination by conspirators plotting to take over the city. And we follow her to the exotic port of Antioch, where she is destined to be reunited with Marius, now immortal and haunted by his vampire nature, who will bestow on her the Dark Gift as they set out on the fraught and fantastic adventure of their two turbulent centuries together.

I loved this book. I think I've read it three or four times since it came out.

Saving for the Vampire bookbox.

Journal Entry 2 by wingheartthumperwing at Bookbox, Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (7/24/2018 UTC) at Bookbox, Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Adding to the Vampire Bookbox.