Passing Strange

by Ellen Klages | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingReallyBookishwing of Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on 7/15/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingReallyBookishwing from Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, July 15, 2018
Reading now.

Journal Entry 2 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, July 15, 2018
Oh, my goodness... where do I even begin? I LOVED this book!!! I inhaled it in two days. I loved everything about it. Diego Rivera is a character in it! It's a lesbian romance! The lesbian romance is sweet and respectful and does not end in misery! It takes place in San Francisco in 1940! It is intelligent and well-researched! (Can you tell I am excited? Am I using enough exclamation points?)

The gorgeous cover shows two women dancing together, one of whom is wearing a tux. Swoon! And the structure of this novel is ingenious, with a modern day frame story bracketing the 1940 portions. And there is even a touch of magic in it as well. I adored every single word. The ending is a bit madcap, but in the most perfect, fitting way. A totally enjoyable reading experience from start to finish!

Released 7 mos ago (8/28/2018 UTC) at RABCK, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

I'm sending this to another BookCrosser who has it on her wishlist. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by FeistyPom2Love at San Ramon, California USA on Wednesday, September 05, 2018
Thank you so much for the wishlist rabck!! I am excited to read this novella as I've heard great things about it.

Incidentally, I heard Ellen Klages speak at SF in SF (Science Fiction in San Francisco) in June of this year at the American Bookbinders Museum in downtown SF. Ms. Klages was a phenomenal speaker... I had her sign three of her novels for me at the SF in SF event, but regretted not obtaining a copy of Passing Strange to have signed at the event as well.

Journal Entry 5 by FeistyPom2Love at San Ramon, California USA on Saturday, December 08, 2018
I read this novella in three days. I enjoyed the storyline, the characters, and writing quite a bit. The ending, although funny, left me wondering what really happened to Haskel and Emily??

Released 3 mos ago (12/24/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library at 334 La Amatista Road in Del Mar, California USA

I left this inside a Little Free Library.