Double Take: A Memoir

by Kevin Michael Connolly | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingIddyluwing of Durham, New Hampshire USA on 7/14/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingIddyluwing from Durham, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, July 14, 2018
This is an uncorrected proof that my mom got in 2009 while working at the Barnes & Noble in Newington, NH.

Released 1 yr ago (7/16/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library (UBCZ), 14 Epping Rd in Exeter, New Hampshire USA

Left this and took Shutter Island in exchange.

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, July 20, 2018
Found this softcover at the LFL while dropping off some books of my own. Glad to cross paths with you, Iddylu! This one looks good, a mix of biography and travel book, by a man born without legs...

Later: Really good memoir here, personal and tart and funny. From early on, when young Kevin has to confront his situation as viewed by the outside world, his parents work to give him the tools - mental and emotional as well as MacGyver-esque practical - to cope, and it's marvelous reading.

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, July 29, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (7/29/2018 UTC) at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

I'm taking this to a meetup in Cambridge. Enjoy!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***

Journal Entry 5 by wingedithdollwing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Monday, July 30, 2018
7/29/18 caught via a Bookcrossing friend! To be read pile : )

Journal Entry 6 by wingedithdollwing at Winthrop, Massachusetts USA on Monday, September 03, 2018
Moving to holding/reserved for now.

Journal Entry 7 by wingedithdollwing at Winthrop, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, October 06, 2018
Released Community Bookcase, cafeteria lower level, One Ashburton Place/McCormack Building Boston, MA 02108 - Sept. 2018

Journal Entry 8 by wingedithdollwing at Winthrop, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, December 08, 2018
Pulled back/Holding for now.

Journal Entry 9 by wingIddyluwing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, December 09, 2018
HA! I'm sitting here laughing right now, because this was originally my book that I registered, and yet I picked it up again in the mystery pick game (where you pick a gift-wrapped book blindly, based solely on the first sentence - in this case it was "'You were an exclaimation point on a really tough couple of years' is what my mom says about my birth")! I have read this, but it was years and years ago, so I guess this is a sign that I need to reread it!

Journal Entry 10 by wingIddyluwing at Durham, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Glad I got this back to re-read :) Now I'm finished, so it's available again.

Journal Entry 11 by wingIddyluwing at Jonny Boston's International in Newmarket, New Hampshire USA on Friday, March 22, 2019

Released 7 mos ago (3/22/2019 UTC) at Jonny Boston's International in Newmarket, New Hampshire USA

At one of my favorite places to stop and have lunch :) I left it on the windowsill across from the counter, next to a big Lonely Planet travel book.