corner corner Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body

Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body
by Roxane Gay | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingcrossingguardmawing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 7/14/2018

status (set by Ashtoash): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingcrossingguardmawing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2018

From amazon: “I ate and ate and ate in the hopes that if I made myself big, my body would be safe. I buried the girl I had been because she ran into all kinds of trouble. I tried to erase every memory of her, but she is still there, somewhere. . . . I was trapped in my body, one I made but barely recognized or understood but of my own making. I was miserable, but I was safe.”

This was the book we read for our Food For Thought group at our church.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2018

This was a hard book to read so glad we read in a group slowly. Mostly we felt for Roxane but sometimes we just wanted to shake her. I hope in writing this book, she will get some peace.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (7/14/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this book to our monthly bookcrossers meet up at Cravings - the second Saturday of every month- to pass on to the next reader.

Journal Entry 4 by Ashtoash at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, July 17, 2018

To be read