A Dog's Purpose: A Novel for Humans

by W. Bruce Cameron | Pets & Animals |
Registered by ThisChickIsLit of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 7/14/2018
Journal Entry 1 by ThisChickIsLit from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2018
I cried on 3 separate occasions while reading this. I had originally picked up this to read before watching the movie, but after reading it, I realized I didn’t want to go through the emotional rollercoaster again via tv screen.

Amazon description: Heartwarming, insightful, and often laugh-out-loud funny, A Dog's Purpose is not only the emotional and hilarious story of a dog's many lives, but also a dog's-eye commentary on human relationships and the unbreakable bonds between man and man's best friend. This moving and beautifully crafted story teaches us that love never dies, that our true friends are always with us, and that every creature on earth is born with a purpose.

Journal Entry 2 by ThisChickIsLit at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2018

Released 11 mos ago (7/14/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am bringing this book to the July Calgary Bookcrossing Meeting.

Journal Entry 3 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2018
Brought this book home from the July Meet Up at Cravings.

Journal Entry 4 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 08, 2018
Kleenex alert!! Didn't really care for the start of the book but then was totally swept away and picking it up every free minute. Who knew that dogs reincarnated!!

Journal Entry 5 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 08, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (9/8/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this book to the September meeting at Cravings.

Journal Entry 6 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, September 09, 2018
Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing September meet-up. I really enjoyed another book that was from the dog's POV, so I'm hoping this one is just as good.

Journal Entry 7 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 13, 2018
This was a cute read. I still prefer "The Art of Racing in the Rain", but this book has its moments, too. My favourite section was the one with Ellie, in part because she is the only female dog that the narrator dog becomes. As a non dog owner, I feel like I probably didn't get this book as well as a dog owner would. I've never had to deal with a puppy peeing on the floor or any of the other fun stuff you go through when you own a dog. It was fun to see how the dog viewed these incidents; they seem perfectly reasonable (or unreasonable) to him. And dang, that ending. I kind of want to check out the movie now.

Journal Entry 8 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 13, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (10/13/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Passing on this book to the next reader at the Calgary BookCrossing October meet-up.

Journal Entry 9 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 14, 2018
Brought this home from the October BookCrossing meeting

Journal Entry 10 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 07, 2019
I enjoyed looking at life through supposedly the dogs perspective and found myself wondering what exactly does my dog think. A fast and heartfelt read.

Journal Entry 11 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 08, 2019

Released 1 wk ago (6/8/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the June BookCrossing meeting to be enjoyed by the next reader.

Journal Entry 12 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 09, 2019
Picked up at get together