No Place For Violence: Canadian Aboriginal Alternatives (Hurting and Healing series)

by Jocelyn Proulx, Sharon Perreault, eds. | Nonfiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPooker3wing of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 7/13/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingPooker3wing from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Friday, July 13, 2018
Found in Little Free Library #2873. Thank you kind donor!

Journal Entry 2 by wingPooker3wing at Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Sunday, July 05, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (7/5/2020 UTC) at Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

I left this book on the grounds propped on the rock dedicated to all victims of war.

I released this book as part of the Canada Days Release Challenge in celebration of Canadian books and authors.

I am cognizant of the fact that many Indigenous people cannot celebrate Canada's birthday. I respect that. I do think though that the Canada that has evolved over these last 150+ years is positioned to right the wrongs and is open to and in fact desires reconciliation.

As far as I can tell this book was written by white women, so I did have some reservations about releasing it. However several of their sources would have given them valid Indigenous perspective.

To the finder of this book:
I hope you enjoy your new read.

Welcome, also, to the wonderful and wacky world of BookCrossing! Here you'll find a unique and worldwide community of book lovers sharing their books. This book is now yours! Read it, enjoy it. Keep it or pass it on to someone you know, return it to any Little Free Library or even release it into the wild. It is all up to you.

If you make a journal entry (you can do it anonymously or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this book will be notified by e-mail and can follow this book on its travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address) and it's a whole lot of fun!