The Buddha in the Attic (Pen/Faulkner Award - Fiction)

by Julie Otsuka | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 6/28/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, June 28, 2018
This is the replacement copy for the stalled/lost copy on the bookray:

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, June 30, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (6/30/2018 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

On its way to mcsar to continue the ray.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, July 12, 2018
Thank you eponine38 for securing a replacement copy and keeping this bookray going. I will read this soon so it can continue its journey.

----------------------------
Updated July 20, 2018

A most fascinating read. I love the unique narrative style. The writing is lyrical and beautiful, but the tale is so sad. I am very glad to have read the book and I am grateful to eponine38 for getting a replacement copy so that I can get to read the book.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Friday, August 10, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (8/10/2018 UTC) at to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Finally on its way to the next reader. I hope you enjoy this special book.

Journal Entry 5 by Jotka at Cottbus, Brandenburg Germany on Saturday, September 22, 2018
Book has arrived yesterday - almost two months on the way, I wonder what adventures it had :) It doesn't speak.
Unfortunately the next three weeks I have my holidays. I'm going to leave it for one friend to read and then to read it myself as soon as possible when I'll be home again.
November 2018
I am deeply moved by this story.

Journal Entry 6 by Jotka at Cottbus, Brandenburg Germany on Sunday, November 11, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (11/8/2018 UTC) at Cottbus, Brandenburg Germany

Since Thursday book on the way to Bookguide.

Journal Entry 7 by bookguide at Wijchen, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, November 28, 2018
I discovered this in my postbox this morning. It wasn’t there last night and we don’t normally have deliveries in the morning. I wonder where it’s been. We’ve had a couple of packages delivered recently to our house which were meant for people in a different street, same house number. Maybe our new postman needs new glasses!

I’ve been hoping to be able to read this ever since a friend reviewed it enthusiastically on Goodreads back in 2013. I’ll try to read it within the month, but, wouldn’t you know it, I have another bookring book to read first and an unusually heavy workload. Watch this space!

Journal Entry 8 by freuju at Waldkirchen, Bayern Germany on Thursday, August 01, 2019
Just arrived, thanks for sending it on! :)

Journal Entry 9 by JemmaJ at by post, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Friday, August 16, 2019
Arrived today - many thanks! I will start reading it right away, as another BookRay book is on its way to me!