Delicious!

by Ruth Reichl | Cooking, Food & Wine |
Registered by wingCA-WKWwing of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 6/21/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingCA-WKWwing from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, June 21, 2018
Passing along one of my mother’s favourite authors.

Journal Entry 2 by wingCA-WKWwing at Kafka's Coffee Shop in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, October 05, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (10/10/2018 UTC) at Kafka's Coffee Shop in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Bringing to Bookcrossing meetup.

Journal Entry 3 by Strude at New Westminster, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, November 03, 2018
We drift back and forth between Billie's present and her past. There are a number of revelations but they aren't very deeply hidden. It doesn't matter.
All the work at the offices of Delicious! magazine is interesting and I'm guessing that it is pretty close to possible given the author's background. The little shops are interesting and are the sort of thing you hope to find whenever you move.
I love a good gingerbread cake and am assembling the ingredients for Billie's cake. I look forward to it, exactly as Billie laid it out for us. At least once I have to do it with all fresh spices. Have now made it twice and it is most definitely a keeper. It takes some time but definitely worth it.

Journal Entry 4 by Strude at Kafka's Coffee Shop in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (11/14/2018 UTC) at Kafka's Coffee Shop in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

We'll be here for a couple of hours and any books not chosen will be on the bench by the back wall. Why not join us for coffee or whatever. The conversation will be all the better for including you.

Journal Entry 5 by Strude at Waves Coffee - Columbia St in New Westminster, British Columbia Canada on Monday, November 26, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (11/28/2018 UTC) at Waves Coffee - Columbia St in New Westminster, British Columbia Canada

This is meetup. Why not join us for coffee or whatever. There will be a variety of books available but only until we leave (about 8:30) because we can't leave books here.

Journal Entry 6 by Strude at Kafka's Coffee Shop in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (12/12/2018 UTC) at Kafka's Coffee Shop in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

This is Meetup so why not join us for coffee or whatever. The conversation is very general and we welcome new voices. We'll be here until about 8:30 and whatever books have not been chosen will go on the reading bench at the back of the room.

Journal Entry 7 by Strude at Kafka's Coffee Shop in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (1/8/2019 UTC) at Kafka's Coffee Shop in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

This is our monthly meetup so why not join us for coffee or whatever. We're always glad to see new people and hear about what they're reading. We'll be here till about 8:30 and any books not chosen to take home will be left on the reading bench at the back wall.

Journal Entry 8 by eicuthbertson at Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, January 17, 2019
Picked up at the Lower Mainland Bookcrossing Meetup. Already started reading. The gingerbread cake does indeed sound delicious.

Journal Entry 9 by eicuthbertson at Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, January 20, 2019
Enjoyed this one. Love anything with a historical 'letter' mystery. And would like to have known those librarians!