Battered to Death (Daphne Martin Cake Mystery)

by Gayle Trent | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingjosieriverswing of Leesville, South Carolina USA on 7/21/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingjosieriverswing from Leesville, South Carolina USA on Saturday, July 21, 2018
received from a friend

The third “entertaining…and tasty read” (Entertainment Weekly) in the Daphne Martin Cake mystery series.

A RECIPE FOR MURDER

Life is sweet for Daphne Martin right now, from her flourishing cake-decorating business to a rekindled romance with her high school boyfriend, Ben. All that’s about to change, courtesy of famously foul-mouthed celebrity chef Jordan Richards. The TV star has come to Brea Ridge, Virginia, for the town’s lavish cake competition, but he won’t be leaving under his own steam. After his first master class, Jordan is found bludgeoned with a cake stand and drowned in some very bitter batter.

Plenty of townsfolk think the curmudgeonly confectioner had it coming, but the half-baked evidence points to Daphne as a prime suspect. With Ben mulling a new job offer—in Kentucky—Daphne is faced with a multilayered dilemma. She needs to somehow keep her boyfriend, win the cake competition, and sift out the real culprit...before the killer serves up another victim.

Journal Entry 2 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Friday, August 03, 2018
Arrived safely in NJ. This author is new-to-me, so I am looking forward to reading it. I am also looking forward to sharing it with the BCer who introduced me to the cozy mystery.

Journal Entry 3 by dvg at Surprise, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 10, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (2/10/2020 UTC) at Surprise, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Another fun cozy mystery that I have enjoyed. I like the main character and the mystery was laid out nicely. I kept wanting to find out what happened next.

This is heading to a BC friend who also enjoys a cozy mystery.
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, February 24, 2020
Thank you DVG! This looks like a fun cozy mystery. Thank you so much for thinking of me!

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, August 08, 2020
This was a fun cozy mystery! I have only read one other book by this author before. I love the main character and the fact I couldn't figure it out before the end was fun.

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Little Free Library - Noonday Creek Trailhead in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Released 4 mos ago (10/28/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library - Noonday Creek Trailhead in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left in the Little Free Library on the Noonday Creek Trail. Enjoy the book!