Over What Hill?

by Effie Leland Wilder | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingSouthernfryedwing of Lexington, South Carolina USA on 6/15/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingSouthernfryedwing from Lexington, South Carolina USA on Friday, June 15, 2018
Josierivers and I went to the Saluda County booksale in Ridge Springs on Saturday, June 2. We each bought a bag of books for $4, told the librarian if she had books she wanted to get rid of to call us. She filled up the trunk of Josie's car before we left! This book is part of the treasure!

8/4/2020
I chose to read this book this month because it meets Plum-crazy's "What to read for August" theme of directions (OVER is the qualifer). When I registered this book it looked like a fun book. At that point, I didn't realize that the author is from South Carolina who is famous for writing her first book at age 85. This is book 2 of a 4 book series about life in a South Carolina retirement home. It is sweet, sentimental and at times laugh out loud funny. If I come across any more books in this series, I will be sure to read them.

9/21/2020
Reserving for the 15th person to post on my "Happy Bookiversary to MEEE!" giveaway.

to the finder:
WELCOME TO BOOKCROSSING!
Please make a journal entry to let me know this book is safe. You may remain anonymous if you wish. If you are new to bookcrossing and decide to join, please consider using SOUTHERNFRYED or JOSIERIVERS as the referring member. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (9/23/2020 UTC) at Lexington, South Carolina USA

this book left in the mail today to go to the 15th poster in my 15th bookiversary giveaway

Journal Entry 3 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, September 28, 2020
Thank you, Southernfryed! It's always exciting to win a prize (doesn't happen very often LOL) and this book looks like a lot of fun! I really look forward to reading it. Again, congrats on 15 years of Bookcrossing!