Childhood's End

by Arthur C. Clarke | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 6/15/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, June 15, 2018
I got this paperback from a friend who's decluttering. It's Clarke's classic tale of humanity being nudged into evolution by a being whose appearance is... something of a shock {wry grin}. I admit this isn't my favorite Clarke work, though its riffs on humanity, hope, and the cosmic scale of things are all fascinating.

The novel inspired a 2015 mini-series.

[There's a TV Tropes page on the novel and adaptations, with some entertaining tidbits.]

Released 1 yr ago (6/16/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Nashua Field in Windham, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

Edited to add: Thanks to RickSilva for finding and journaling this (and several other books of mine); I'm especially thrilled to hear that this one might make it back to China with you! Love to see the books traveling! (I'd have sent a Private Message but your profile has them disabled; hope you see this message.)

***

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Allergic to A release challenge. ***

*** Released for the 2018 Movie release challenge. ***

Journal Entry 3 by RickSilva at Windham, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Found this at a Little Free Library in Windham NH. I've been hitting a lot of the Little Free Libraries because (Little Free Libraries are awesome and...) I've been helping my mother-in-law clear out some books from her house.

I think I will be taking this one back to China with me, and will look for a good place to release it there.

Journal Entry 4 by RickSilva at Windham, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, August 12, 2018
Finished reading this "kinder, gentler apocalypse" by Clarke, which is one of the classics of the SF genre. My full review is here.

Journal Entry 5 by RickSilva at Shanghai, Shanghai China on Monday, August 13, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (8/13/2018 UTC) at Shanghai, Shanghai China

Another addition to the faculty room book exchange shelf at my school in Shanghai, China.