Nine Tomorrows

by Isaac Asimov | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 6/15/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, June 15, 2018
I got this paperback from a friend who's decluttering. I've loved Asimov's short stories since my early teens, and this is a good collection, including the poignant "The Ugly Little Boy", which was adapted as a 1977 TV movie. It also features some self-deprecating poems about fandom, rejection slips, etc. The novella "Profession" was one I hadn't read before, an interesting - if somewhat long-winded - look at the possible fallout of the ability to instill pre-programmed knowledge directly into people's brains, but only if those brains are calibrated to receive it.

[The extensive TV Tropes page on Asimov and his work is entertaining.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Yankee Magazine Headquarters in Dublin, New Hampshire USA on Friday, June 29, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (6/29/2018 UTC) at Yankee Magazine Headquarters in Dublin, New Hampshire USA

I left this book, bagged against the elements, in the armillary sphere sculpture on the lawn outside the headquarters - while posing for a webcam photo {wry grin}. Hope the finder enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Allergic to A release challenge. ***