White Heat: The First Edie Kiglatuk Mystery (Edie Kiglatuk Mysteries)

by M. J. McGrath | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0143120964 Global Overview for this book
Registered by AlterEgoZoe of Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on 6/15/2018
Journal Entry 1 by AlterEgoZoe from Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, June 15, 2018
Got at the salvation army. Has a weird texture on the cover. Tried to read, not exactly "my" type of read.

Longlisted for the CWA Gold Dagger Award, White Heat is the first book in the gripping Edie Kiglatuk Mystery Series, with "an Arctic setting so real it’ll give you frostbite" (Dana Stabenow, author of A Cold Day for Murder)

Half Inuit and half outsider, Edie Kiglatuk is the best guide in her corner of the Arctic. But as a woman, she gets only grudging respect from her community's Council of Elders. While Edie is leading two tourists on a hunting expedition, one of them is shot and killed. The Council wants to call it an accident, but Edie and police sergeant Derek Palliser suspect otherwise. When the other tourist disappears, Edie sets off into the far reaches of the tundra for answers.

A stunning debut novel, White Heat launches a formidable new series set amidst an unforgiving landscape of ice and rock, of spirit ancestors, and never-rotting bones.

Journal Entry 2 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, February 23, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (2/23/2019 UTC) at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA

Released for the feminism/girl power box.

When he looked up again Tas had gone. Rising to join the others, he caught sight of something small and abandoned on the floor. "Tas you forgot your pipe." He picked it up and then saw words carved into the wood he had not seen before. Find the music, find the magic.
"Did you carve this?"
Tas did not turn. "Yes," he said, reluctantly. "I have to leave it."
"But, Tas, why?"
Tas squared his shoulders as though firming some resolve. But still he did not turn. "Because the shepherd said that it could only be used once. Thats why I can't get the pipe to play that song-or any song. I've used the magic." He took a deep breath and went on. "And he said that once I found the magic I had the pass the pipe on." he paused and then he did turn, a scamp's humor in his long brown eyes. "It's going to be a long winter. I'm going to leave it here for someone else to find."
"Snowsong" by Nancy Varian Berberick

Found a book? Find the magic! Welcome to BookCrossing!! If you are already a member, "Hello!", if you have only just found this lovely site, welcome!

Congratulations on finding a released BookCrossing book! You can now register on the site, if you want to. It's free to register, but of course you can remain anon. It's up to you!

If you do decide to join, please add me as your referring member, AlterEgoZoe. Thanks!

Most of all, enjoy the book, and enjoy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by wingSpatialwing at Moneta, Virginia USA on Thursday, March 28, 2019

♀ ♀ ♀ ♀ ♀ ♀ ♀ ♀ ♀ ♀

Taken from the Feminism / Girl Power Bookbox.

💞 💞 💞 💞 💞 💞💞 💞 💞 💞