Big Russ and Me: Father and Son: Lessons of Life

by Tim Russert | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingNancyNovawing of Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on 6/10/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, June 10, 2018
from the TLC book sale, likely for a bookring.

Review from Amazon:
n this warm, engaging memoir, a #1 New York Times bestseller upon its initial release in 2004, Russert casts a fond look back to the 1950s Buffalo neighborhood of his youth. In the close-knit Irish-Catholic community where grew up, doors were left unlocked at night; backyard ponds became makeshift ice hockey rinks in winter; and streets were commandeered as touch football fields in the fall. And he recalls the extraordinary example of his father, a WWII veteran who worked two jobs without complaint for thirty years and taught his children to appreciate the values of self-discipline, of respect, of loyalty to friends.

Released 5 mos ago (6/13/2018 UTC) at ~ Iwillrejoice's ABC (Authors) Book Rings - US version, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Heading out in a bookring. I had a hard copy of this book before, not sure where it ended up.

Journal Entry 3 by MmeClinton at South Berwick, Maine USA on Monday, June 18, 2018
Received this in the package for authors with an R... as my father was a WWII pilot, it seems intriguing to me, so I have chosen it from the package! Thanks to NancyNova for sending it along!