Lachlan's War

Happy Reading!
by Michael Cannon | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingFifnawing of Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on 1/12/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingFifnawing from Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 12, 2019
This is my contribution for the Favourite Book of 2018 roundabout. I hope you enjoy it!
Travelling to:
8. earthcaroleanne
9. caroline-m
10. dark-draco
11. Arvores

Journal Entry 2 by wingFifnawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Saturday, January 12, 2019

Released 9 mos ago (1/12/2019 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

Travelling to Icila, happy travels!

Journal Entry 3 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, January 21, 2019
Thank you Fifna, the book arrived safely with the delicious chocolate.
I already had read it though. You send me previously a copy yourself that's now on mcsar bookshelf.

Journal Entry 4 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Released 8 mos ago (1/30/2019 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

In the mail towards Lamilla in Belarus.

Journal Entry 5 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Safely arrived here.

ETA: I really liked the description from one of the reviews: this books requires patience. Despite the slow start and heavy topic it is enjoyable, and the almost poetic language is a treat. Author focuses a lot on sex scenes and they are way too explicit for me. 3 stars overall

Journal Entry 6 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Released 6 mos ago (4/9/2019 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть к Вам, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в Вашем лице.

Journal Entry 7 by estelle1806 at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Thursday, April 18, 2019
Received and started today! Thanks, Lamilla.

Journal Entry 8 by estelle1806 at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, April 30, 2019
I enjoyed the story, however some scenes were unnecessary to me to make sense overall. I did not find it particularly funny and the boy's life was quite intriguing, a pity this was truncated at the end.

Journal Entry 9 by estelle1806 at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (4/30/2019 UTC) at Waterloo, Ontario Canada

Travelling to Canada.

Please let us know when you release it again...

Journal Entry 10 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, May 14, 2019
This book is now with me.

Journal Entry 11 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, June 11, 2019
I enjoyed this work of historical fiction. Some scenes were overly explicit and others were rather melodramatic, but I thought the novel featured good storytelling and interesting characters. I especially liked the setting and felt the author did a great job at recreating it.

Journal Entry 12 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (6/11/2019 UTC) at Waterloo, Ontario Canada

This book is on its way to mcsar now.

Journal Entry 13 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, June 21, 2019
The book arrived today. As Icila noted on an earlier entry, the book was on my shelf and has now been read and passed along. When I went to copy my review on the book, I found out that I forgot to journal my thoughts.

So I will write them here as I only read the book last month and still remember my impression. I liked the book in general, it was slow paced but the characterization and the setting was great. I also agreed with the other bookcrossers who found the sex scenes unnecessarily explicit. I am not offended by all explicit sex scenes, but when they appeared in this book, they did not appear to be coherent with the other parts and style of the book and I found them interfere with the narration rather than adding to it.

Journal Entry 14 by wingmcsarwing at Favourite Roundabout, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, June 22, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (6/22/2019 UTC) at Favourite Roundabout, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

On its way to valpete.

Journal Entry 15 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Saturday, June 29, 2019
A little late for this June book. I'll read it as soon as possible and send it along.
This book has everything going for it--sympathetic characters you come to know intimately, beautiful language, an intriguing plot, a dramatic setting (WWII Scotland) and a satisfying ending.

Journal Entry 16 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Thursday, July 11, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (7/11/2019 UTC) at Walnut Creek, California USA

Sending it on to the next reader in the Roundabout.

Journal Entry 17 by Aramena at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Monday, July 15, 2019
Arrived over the weekend!

Journal Entry 18 by Aramena at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Friday, August 02, 2019
I was having trouble getting into this one and staying interested, and I finally set it aside to read something else, then when I finished the something I realized I had no desire to go back to this one, so I'm gonna DNF it. I'll try to get it in the mail to earthcaroleanne Monday or Tuesday.

Journal Entry 19 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, August 29, 2019
Arrived today

Journal Entry 20 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 17, 2019
I've got to be honest and I'm not sure what I felt about this book. I liked the characters and the relationships (non-sexual). I didn't object to the descriptive sex but wondered about the need for some of it. Although I must say I laughed at the appearing 'chancres', especially having checked out exactly when penicillin became available for another book recently.

Journal Entry 21 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Sidcup, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, September 22, 2019

Released 2 wks ago (9/25/2019 UTC) at Sidcup, Kent United Kingdom

Posting on in the roundabout.

Journal Entry 22 by caroline-m at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 08, 2019
Thanks for sharing, looks intriguing and looking forward to reading.