The Glass Lake

by Maeve Binchy | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wahoo1265 of Pensacola, Florida USA on 3/30/2004
Journal Entry 1 by wahoo1265 from Pensacola, Florida USA on Tuesday, March 30, 2004
A little on the long side, but still a very enjoyable read!

Journal Entry 2 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Friday, April 09, 2004
Caught this along with another Maeve Binchy at an airline gate. My first catch!!! I have been on this site for almost a year and this is my first Wild Catch. ;-) Yea!!!

I will read, journal and pass on into the wild again.

Journal Entry 3 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Saturday, February 11, 2006
Finally started reading this. This will be my second Maeve Binchy book - I hope I enjoy this as much as the last one.

Journal Entry 4 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Thursday, March 02, 2006
This was a light enjoyable book. The book was a little too slow - in the beginning, I almost put it down but, I did finally get into the characterization. That is really why I read Mauve Binchy’s Books. I began to care for the characters and wanted to know how their life would change and what it would become. I have been to Dublin and really enjoy the Irish references. I would not recommend this as a great Mauve Binchy book but, it was enjoyable and I’m glad I read it. I have two other Mauve Binchy books on my shelf and I am looking forward to reading them.

Journal Entry 5 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Monday, May 22, 2006
This will be on it's way to Canada as part of the Virtual First Sentence Bookring. I hope I surprise the next person and that they enjoy it.

Journal Entry 6 by Villette from Victoria, British Columbia Canada on Monday, July 03, 2006
I received this book by mail as part of Wubbduckies First Lines Bood Swap. It actually came a month ago and I apologise for not journalling this earlier...I'm very pleased to have it as I'm very fond of Maeve Binchy books...I find them immensely comforting. The author is such a wise woman and I find I become very attached to her characters.

Many thanks to BooksnBeer

Journal Entry 7 by Villette from Victoria, British Columbia Canada on Monday, July 31, 2006
I received this book by mail as part of (Wubbaducky's Vitual Book swap). Maeve Binchy is one of my favourite authors, and while I had read this book several years ago, it was a delight to be re-aquainted with this author. This is what I think of as a "Cosy" book. It does not place too many demands on the intellect, but is something you can curl up with and find comfort and entertainment. I'll be releasing it today so that someone else can enjoy it as much as I did.

Released 13 yrs ago (7/31/2006 UTC) at Weightwatchers at McKenzie Mall, in Victoria, British Columbia Canada

On a chair at the back of the group.