A Spool of Blue Thread

by Anne Tyler | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingokarihwing of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 5/29/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingokarihwing from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 29, 2018
From Amazon.co.uk:
‘It was a beautiful, breezy, yellow-and-green afternoon…’

This is the way Abby Whitshank always begins the story of how she and Red fell in love that summer’s day in 1959. The whole family on the porch, half-listening as their mother tells the same tale they have heard so many times before.

From that porch we spool back through the generations, witnessing the events, secrets and unguarded moments that have come to define the family. From Red’s father and mother, newly arrived in Baltimore in the 1920s, to Abby and Red’s grandchildren carrying the family legacy boisterously into the twenty-first century – four generations of Whitshanks, their lives unfolding in and around the sprawling, lovingly worn Baltimore house that has always been their home…

I struggled a little to finish this book as it's one of those books that's subtly written and you need to be in the right mood to appreciate the description about the day to day lives. I'm glad I stuck with it though, well worth a read.

Journal Entry 2 by wingokarihwing at No. 6 Coffee in Ealing, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, May 31, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (5/31/2018 UTC) at No. 6 Coffee in Ealing, Greater London United Kingdom

Thank you for picking up this book! Please make a journal entry so that the book’s journey can be tracked (you can make a journal entry anonymously if you don't want to join). I hope that you enjoy the book and the Bookcrossing experience!