corner corner The Bat: Harry Hole 1

The Bat: Harry Hole 1
by Jo Nesbo | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by BookGroupMan of Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on 5/27/2018

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, May 27, 2018

From the phenomenally popular Harry Hole series...here is the first, not The Redbreast which I mistakenly read out of order :( Time to give Nesbo another go.

(13/06/18) This is my second Nesbo, but the first 'Harry Hole'. The titular detective from Norway, by some contrived course of events, ends up investigating a murder (murders?) in Sydney. Harry has a typically mixed-up past, and present, with the normal demons; drink, workaholism, and a difficulty with relationships. The story is a bit bonkers with some noir elements, implausible characters and events (transvestite clowns?!), and random native aboriginal storytelling. I'm not convinced, but now that i've started the series there's enough to keep me going :)

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan at Railway Station in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (6/13/2018 UTC) at Railway Station in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Left slightly prematurely in a train (to Edinburgh) or in the station somewhere! Let's hope someone finds this and enjoys it! Welcome to book crossing.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Found on a virgin train on arrival at Edinburgh Waverley Station, did not have time to read so will pass it on for a future reader :)