Running: Cheaper Than Therapy

by Chas Newkey-Burden | Sports |
Registered by wingLyzzyBeewing of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 12/8/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingLyzzyBeewing from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, December 08, 2018
(3 Jan 2018)

A fun little book – although as the title suggest, it does highlight the therapeutic benefits of running – with lots f short pieces on revolving themes spread through the book, for example, Runners you Know (from the nutrition-obsessed runner to the surprisingly good elderly person), Running Wisdom and quotes included in Running Philosophy. It also collects various runners, either known for being a runner or for being a celebrity who runs, and looks at their often very powerful running stories. There are also longer pieces on, for instance, 26 Reasons to Run and then very quick laughs with signs people hold up at races – so something for everyone, really.

It’s all positive, kindly, parkrun-friendly and nice about the party pack at the back of races (thank you). The 26 Things That Happen When You’re Training for a Marathon was very true (and could only be boosted by 26 things that can happen to derail your marathon, as I try to go for my third one, having avoided falling over a dog and cracking a rib / having a (delayed) operation so far). I also found the fact that this has the up-to-date stories of some of the other writers I’ve read over the years (Paul Tonkinson, Phil Hewitt) but who I’d not kept up with.

An ideal gift for the runner in your life, whether they’re a parkrunner or a marathoner, a trail racer or a road runner, a greyhound or a party pack member. Good stuff.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLyzzyBeewing at Moseley All Services Club in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, December 08, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (12/8/2018 UTC) at Moseley All Services Club in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Taking to Running Club Awards night for the swaps table.

Welcome to BookCrossing. Thanks for taking the time to visit the site. Please make a journal entry to let me know that you have found this book, you may do this anonymously or you may join. There is no charge to join this site, if you are like myself from time to time you may donate to help support Bookcrossing; but it is not mandatory.

If you are new to BookCrossing and choose to join, please indicate that you were referred by LyzzyBee. Membership is free and your name and e-mail address is not shared with anyone else and it will never be sold. BookCrossing is a world-wide group of people who love books and wish to share them with others.

Please enjoy this book, if it is not your genre pass it along to someone else or wild release it. In this way we promote literacy and at the same time we can watch our book continue on its journey.

I look forward to hearing what you thought of the book when you've read it, and to seeing what happens to it next!