The Wingless Bird

by Catherine Cookson | Romance | This book has not been rated.
Registered by asia_be_es of Warszawa, Mazowieckie Poland on 5/17/2018
Journal Entry 1 by asia_be_es from Warszawa, Mazowieckie Poland on Thursday, May 17, 2018
Even the approach of Christmas, 1913, fails to excite the restless Agnes Conway, the twenty-two-year-old manager of her feckless father's adjoining sweet and tobacconist shops. There are dark secrets in Arthur Conway's past, and these come tragically to light when Agnes's younger sister becomes pregnant by one of the notorious Felton brothers. And Agnes herself has a secret, which she knows she must keep from her father: an attachment to Charles Farrier, son of a local landowner, who outrages his own pious family by proposing marriage...
But Charles is not the only man who shapes Agnes's future, for his brother Reginald makes no secret of his admiration for her; although she could not have foreseen how significant a part he was to play in her destiny... [www.goodreads.com]

Journal Entry 2 by asia_be_es at Uccle / Ukkel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Thursday, May 17, 2018
I found it some time ago in one of the Uccle bookboxes (Place Saint-Job).
* * *
I enjoyed reading it. I liked the story and the characters. At the time I needed just that kind of book.

Released 1 yr ago (6/19/2018 UTC) at Basiliek van Koekelberg in Ganshoren, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium