corner corner Generation A: A Novel

Generation A: A Novel
by DOUGLAS COUPLAND | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by spy-there of Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on 5/8/2018

status (set by OBCZ-TeddysDen): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by spy-there from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, May 08, 2018

"In the near future bees are extinct (and apples, hand-pollinated, extremely expensive) — until one autumn when five unconnected individuals, in Iowa, New Zealand, Paris, Ontario, and Sri Lanka, are stung. Immediately snatched up by ominous figures in hazmat suits, interrogated separately in neutral Ikea-like chambers, and then released as 15-minute-celebrities into a world driven almost entirely by the internet, the five people endure a barrage of unusual and highly 21st-century circumstances. A charismatic scientist with dubious motives eventually brings the quintet together on a remote Canadian island. But their shared experience unites them in a way they could never have imagined." (from coupland.com)

This novel fits perfectly into our next meetup with plant-based books. Maybe Mankyi is interested?

Journal Entry 2 by spy-there at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, May 17, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (5/17/2018 UTC) at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

came with me to the meet-up

Journal Entry 3 by wingOBCZ-TeddysDenwing at Herisau, Appenzell Ausserrhoden Switzerland on Monday, May 21, 2018

Took it home with me - hopefully I find time to read it. Thank you spy for bringing it along.