Hot Shot

Registered by jenvince of Scottsdale, Arizona USA on 3/29/2004
Journal Entry 1 by jenvince from Scottsdale, Arizona USA on Monday, March 29, 2004
On my TBR pile.

From amazon.com:
Detective Franke Daniels hates her life -- well, what's left of it. After a romance with the wrong man goes bad, the tough Atlanta police detective finds herself "transferred" to Nowhere, U.S.A., Purdyville, South Carolina, is tantamount to a sentence of death by boredom for the street-smart chain-smoking cop. The crime rate here is beyond low . . . Almost as low as Frankie's self esteem.
When Frankie arrives to find her rental home in flames, she proceeds to chew out one of the locals -- only to realize she's just told off her new boss, the annoyingly gorgeous and smug Sheriff Matt Webber. But Matt is more intrigued than angry at his new deputy. He suspects life in Purdyville is going to get very interesting indeed, especially after he watches her take down the local tough guy in two seconds flat. Even the crime rate seems to have risen to the occasion. But underneath that tough-cookie exterior: Matt's pretty sure Frankie's got a soft spot . . . he just hopes it's for him.

Journal Entry 2 by jenvince from Scottsdale, Arizona USA on Monday, April 12, 2004
This is a completed bookring. Due to some additional interest in this book, I have made it a bookray. Details are below.

Bookring order:
jenvince (CA) Ml'd 4/22/04
az628 (PA) Rc'd 4/27/04 Ml'd 5/13/04
indymomto2 (IN) Rc'd 5/15/04 Ml'd 6/10/04
jenvince (CA) Rc'd 6/14/04

Journal Entry 3 by az628 from Irwin, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, April 27, 2004
Received this Bookring. Thanks jenvince for starting it. I had better start reading, the rings are starting to come in quick.... I love this site...

Journal Entry 4 by az628 from Irwin, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, May 13, 2004
I have just finished this bookring. Thanks jenvince.

I found it pretty funny at first and overall I enjoyed this one. In my opinion Matt and Frankie lacked chemistry. This is a good light read.

Off to indymomto2..... Hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 5 by indymomto2 from Indianapolis, Indiana USA on Monday, May 17, 2004
Received in the mail 5/15/04. Will start reading later this week after I complete the current bookring book I'm reading.

Journal Entry 6 by indymomto2 from Indianapolis, Indiana USA on Wednesday, June 02, 2004
What a fun read! It was just the thing to read during the storms we had last weekend in Indiana. I wonder if there will be more stories about some of the other characters? I'd read it. This will be on the way back to Jenvince this week.

Journal Entry 7 by indymomto2 from Indianapolis, Indiana USA on Monday, June 14, 2004
Sent back to jenvince

Journal Entry 8 by jenvince from Scottsdale, Arizona USA on Tuesday, June 15, 2004
This book has made it safely home! :) I will read it and then it becomes a bookray, traveling to some international readers.

Journal Entry 9 by jenvince from Scottsdale, Arizona USA on Tuesday, June 15, 2004
This bookray is closed. It unfortunately never made it to Iran, so I am declaring this bookray dead. :(

Bookray order:
jenvince (CA) Ml'd 6/23/04
katayoun (Iran)
Mytilusgirl (UK)
nikel27 (Germany)
Maurean (FL)

Journal Entry 10 by jenvince from Scottsdale, Arizona USA on Friday, June 18, 2004
Finished this book last night - really enjoyed it. Would like to read more by this author. Really liked Sissy's character, think it would be great to have a book where she is the main person.
This is on it's way to Iran today.
Update 6/18:
Boo! I had this all packaged in a Global Priority envelope. Turns out Iran doesn't accept Global Priority. I will have to re-package and send surface. Will hopefully be able to get to the post office tomorrow.
Update 6/23:
I'll be mailing this today, via surface mail.

Journal Entry 11 by BookCemetery on Thursday, April 28, 2005
Sad news greeted the Management and Staff of the Book Cemetery today (28 April 2005) when it was learnt that yet another Reading Companion has been thwared in its attempt to enlighten and elucidate others on the other side of the World. Cruelly booknapped before reaching its destination, the dear friend was the recipient of a very moving Memorial Service held in the Vale of Tears Outdoor Chapel. The memory of our missing Companion was released into the ether as the Choir sang "To Hot to Handle" in 4/4 time with clapping by the congregation.

Chief Mourner was jenvince. The Management and Staff gave jenvince a beautifully executed Illuminated Address for her continued support, plus sincere condolences.

R.I.P.