Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Curl up with a good book!
by J.K. Rowling | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 6/7/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, June 07, 2018
I got this softcover from the ongoing book-sale shelves in the Dunstable, MA public library, for another release copy.

I first "discovered" Harry Potter some time in mid-1999, and was promptly charmed by the whimsical humor and imagination of the story. Now that Potter-mania has achieved epic proportions, I look back with some nostalgia to the days when Harry wasn't hyped to the skies - although word was spreading even then. (I admit that I ran out and bought mugs and T-shirts with the Hogwarts house crests on them the first chance I got, so I can't turn my nose up at the merchandising altogether.) Of all the books, I'd say that this one is my second-favorite (after "Azkaban"). Favorite bits included the introduction of Bertie Botts' Every-flavor Beans, owls, Hagrid, and Quidditch - plus everything else!

The 2001 film impressed me with its attention to the details of the setting; many of the scenes were so much like my imaginings from reading the book that it was almost eerie! And the film features Alan Rickman as Snape, a character I'd found fascinating even before this perfect casting choice {grin}.

[For additional fun, see the TV Tropes page for the book and film; lots of entertaining info, but beware of spoilers.]

***
I've registered at least one copy of each of the books by now. Here's the full series, with my comments to date:

Sorcerer's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban [my favorite of the series!]
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Half-blood Prince
Deathly Hallows

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Park Social in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, June 11, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (6/11/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Park Social in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this in the Little Free Library on this lovely day; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Movie release challenge. ***