I See You

by Clare Mackintosh | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/27/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 27, 2018
Every morning and evening, Zoe Walker takes the same route to the train station, waits at a certain place on the platform, finds her favorite spot in the car, never suspecting that someone is watching her...

It all starts with a classified ad. During her commute home one night, while glancing through her local paper, Zoe sees her own face staring back at her, a grainy photo along with a phone number and listing for a website called findtheone.com.

Other women begin appearing in the same ad, a different one every day, and Zoe realizes they've become the victims of increasingly violent crimes—including rape and murder. With the help of a determined cop, she uncovers the ad's twisted purpose...a discovery that turns her paranoia into full-blown panic. For now Zoe is sure that someone close to her has set her up as the next target.

And now that man on the train—the one smiling at Zoe from across the car—could be more than just a friendly stranger. He could be someone who has deliberately chosen her and is ready to make his next move…

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 05, 2018
A good read in which the basic premise is an intriguing one: photos of women appearing in the classified ads...& these women suffering varying degrees of assaults.

Entertaining? Yes.
Engrossing? Mmm....yes...
... but not quite gripping enough. That little something that sucks you in & blocks out the rest of the world was missing. I never felt wholly immersed in the story, there were no gasps of surprise & no I-didn't-see-that-coming moments. I was quite surprised at how much police procedure the story featured, I guess I'd expected it to just focus on Zoe's side of things. Character wise, I much preferred Kelly to Zoe - at least I cared a bit more about what happened to her!

A good read nevertheless & one I'd still recommend.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Wish list book, Surprise Rabck -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, June 21, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (6/21/2018 UTC) at Wish list book, Surprise Rabck -- Controlled Releases

Spotted on a wishlist ;o)

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, July 21, 2018
Thank you very very much for including this bonus book with my Wonderful Family sweepstakes win. I am beyond ecstatic to receive this as I Let You Go is one of the best books I read last year. I have been wanting to read this one ever since I put that one down.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, December 16, 2018
A solid mystery, not as good as her debut novel, I Let You Go. I still enjoyed it a lot and I too liked Kelly more than Zoe.

-------------
Reserved for Shrinking VBB

Journal Entry 6 by wingmcsarwing at Shrinking VBB, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Released 11 mos ago (2/6/2019 UTC) at Shrinking VBB, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Alia_Rus picked this one from Round 12 of Diane-Fraser's Shrinking Virtual Book box. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by Alia_Rus at Rīga, Rīga Latvia on Friday, March 29, 2019
Received today. Thank you.