A Taste for Murder

by Claudia Bishop | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingmotherof11wing of Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on 4/27/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingmotherof11wing from Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, April 27, 2018
Includes a recipe from the Inn at Hemlock Falls.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmotherof11wing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, April 27, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (4/28/2018 UTC) at Richmond, British Columbia Canada

This book goes to mcsar.
Hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, May 11, 2018
Thank you so much for sending this with two other books in the series. The series is new to me, but I am always interested in new mystery series.

-----------------------------
Updated July 12, 2018

This is a fun read that I thoroughly enjoyed. The beginning is a bit confusing as many characters are introduced. Once the story gets started, it keeps my interest. I like how the story turns out. I will not say more to avoid giving out spoilers.

I am glad I have two other books in the series waiting in line.

Reserved for kirjakko for the wishlist tag game.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, July 14, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (7/13/2018 UTC) at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Going to kirjakko as a wish list tag! Enjoy 8)

Journal Entry 5 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, August 02, 2018
The book arrived during a real murder investigation near where I work...
A 49-year-old successful business man was murdered in his own home nearby where I work a bit over a week ago. Police has been very quiet about it all and today a street near where I live in Helsinki (35 km away from my work) has been closed for several hours and one man has committed a suicide and three have been taken into custody for the murder of the business man - which was done in the style of execution... Creepy!!! Do I dare to read this?
Almost two years ago (next Sunday) my ex-workmate and our then cleaning lady was brutally murdered on her own verandah by a madman who had not returned from his daily excercise walk back to the asylum he was kept in (mentally disturbed people have a right to exercise outdoors). He had returned "home" to kill his own mother, but unfortunately for my friend, she had bought the house from his mother (who had not notified his son about the move) three years previously. She had never met this son, she merely had bought the wrong house. It took me a year for not to think of what happened to her on a daily basis. The timing of this murder and the cruelty and insanity of it brought it all back. It was just last month we treated the cat of this business man's daughter, although luckily we didn't know him personally. But this is a small village where I work, so many of our clients knew him.

Pic: Murder house with the police tape still around the yard.

Journal Entry 6 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, August 03, 2018
Okay, update on the real murder:
The victim and the murderer had been workmates until 2,5 yrs ago and the murderer had done this alone, all three other suspects have been released. The victim was the head of the investment department of one our biggest pension insurance companies and they had worked on the same team. Police investigations have dug up evidence that the killer had stalked his victim for several months, probably without him noticing anything. The police have been very thorough, probably partly because the father of the victim was the chairman of our supreme court.
It is sort of a relief to know that this was done for personal reasons and the organized crime has not crept into our little village, but one wonders what has happened at work which after 2,5 years makes you plan a cruel murder in the big world style? Or was it a crime of passion after all, if the boss had seduced the love of the killer's life, for example? We may never know, but to me that sounds more logical - you can dwell over a lost love for ever, but probably not over something that happened at work over two years ago, when you no longer work together.
The killer had no previous crime record, was very patriotic and was well-liked in his own circles, an officer and a gentleman. Too many crime movies...

Thank you for your kind pm, mcsar (she got worried after the previous JE). I am ok and absolutely will read this book.