It's only forever

by arkas / αρκάς | Humor |
Registered by wingDelphi_Readerwing of Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on 4/26/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingDelphi_Readerwing from Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Thursday, April 26, 2018
This book starts its BookCrossing life from Delphi, Greece
__________________________________________________________________

"Is there life after death? And if so, will our credit cards work? These are the primordial questions that Arkas addresses in the series Life Hereafter. His hero dies young, like all good men, he goes to heaven. But life there has nothing heavenly about it.
The other inmates are oddballs and the Angel in charge has a satanic sense of humor. And as if all this was not enough, a low-ranking Devil keeps coming up and disrupting the serenity of afterlife. So what to do? The Angel recommens patience, "It's Only Forever", it ll be over in a tick. "

~~~~~~To the person who found this book:~~~~~~

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. Drop a few lines on where and how you found this book and what you thought of it. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, I encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold.

This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, although I would love you to read and then share it. You can pass it on someone you know or release it once again in the wild, leaving it on a park bench, a phone booth, a hostel lobby...wherever you think it's suitable for the book to continue it's journey. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 2 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Thursday, May 24, 2018
Αρκάς (Arkas) is a Greek comics artist who published his first work sometime on the early '80s and he has produced tons of great comic strips since then, starring interesting characters in interesting settings. Among many others, there are innocent Lifers,Good Wolfs who are in desparate love with a sheep, Video game characters, Sharks, Sparrows, Prophets, Charon/Death him self, all featuring in diverse places, from Paradise to Hell, from Post-Apocalyptic destroyed worlds to the Deep Ocean and various other themes and settings!

Arkas' comics have a unique style, combining humor, sarcasm and sometimes deep philosophical questions. Often, but not always, the stories involve two main characters: One is the rational, sceptical and questioning figure, while the other is a rude, vulgar or just empty-headed character who has most of the funny punchlines.

Since publishing his very first work, the Rooster, Arkas became immediately very popular. Every new work he publishes becomes a hit while he has been translated into other languages and has become quite known outside Greece. Translations of his books can be found in English, French, German, Romanian, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Bulgarian, Polish and Serbian. He certainly is a very well-known figure in Greece and beyond. Or...is he?

Here is an other interesting fact about Arkas: No one knows who Arkas is. Is he really a guy? Maybe a team of different artists? A woman? Arkas has been quoted to believe that the artist should be known through his work, not through personal promotion. A mystery has been created around his identity and his real name still remains unknown while there is lots of speculation about who he may be. Taking into consideration that his work is super popular for the last 30 years or so, this is quite impressive.

Arkas in Greek means Arcadian or someone from the province of Arcadia. However, the CamelCase style in which his name is written suggests that Arkas may be only his initials. Years ago, the Greek newspaper Kathimerini mentioned in a small article that Arkas' name is Antonis Evdemon. According to rumors, he is a psychiatrist, possibly a university professor. Still no one knows for sure.

One might learn a bit more about his work by checking www.arkas.gr

Different people have a different sense of humor and of course sometimes there are cultural or other barriers when reading a comic book in translation, but I think Arkas really worths a try, that's why I register this book here in Book Crossing. I'd love to read opinions of the future readers on this.

Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Sent by mail, Anniversary RABCK draw -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, May 31, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/31/2018 UTC) at Sent by mail, Anniversary RABCK draw -- Controlled Releases

This book is now traveling all the way to Australia! And then... Who knows?

Have a great trip my book and don't forget to write home from time to time...

Journal Entry 4 by wingbook-a-neerwing at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Friday, June 08, 2018
This one being a comic book looks like it will be read first. Thank you.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbook-a-neerwing at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Finished this awhile ago. A humorous take on life after death which I quite liked.

Journal Entry 6 by wingbook-a-neerwing at LFL Preston in Preston, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Released 9 mos ago (4/10/2019 UTC) at LFL Preston in Preston, Victoria Australia

If you have found this book please know that it is a travelling book. It is not lost. You see, we at bookcrossing, love our books so much that we like to share it with the world. Read it if you think it's interesting enough and/or pass it on to someone who might enjoy it as well.