Sometimes I Lie: A Novel

by Alice Feeney | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by dvg of Toms River, New Jersey USA on 4/22/2018
Journal Entry 1 by dvg from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Sunday, April 22, 2018
My name is Amber Reynolds. There are three things you should know about me:

1. I’m in a coma.
2. My husband doesn’t love me anymore.
3. Sometimes I lie.

Amber wakes up in a hospital. She can’t move. She can’t speak. She can’t open her eyes. She can hear everyone around her, but they have no idea. Amber doesn’t remember what happened, but she has a suspicion her husband had something to do with it. Alternating between her paralyzed present, the week before her accident, and a series of childhood diaries from twenty years ago, this brilliant psychological thriller asks: Is something really a lie if you believe it's the truth?

Journal Entry 2 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Friday, June 01, 2018
I really enjoyed this book. This story is about a woman who is in a coma. She is listening to what is going on around her and she is trying to piece together what is happening around her and how she got into the hospital. This is a psychological thriller like no other I have read. It is told in the current voice of the woman in the coma, the past week leading up to her accident and from her childhood. This story has lots of twists and makes you question what you believe is true and false within the story. Once I picked up this impressive debut book, I didn’t want to put it down. I would absolutely read another book by this author.

Thank you to Goodreads and the publisher for sending me this copy!

Journal Entry 3 by dvg at Wishlist RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, July 26, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (7/26/2018 UTC) at Wishlist RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This book is starting its world travels as a RABCK! I spotted the wish on your goodreads page and filling it in the BC wishlist tag game. I hope you enjoy the good read. =)
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, September 15, 2018
I received this great sounding book as part of a RABCK, thanks so much for thinking of me and it looks like something I will enjoy.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Thursday, November 15, 2018
Another very twisty plot with an unreliable narrator. Based on several of the reviews, I expected to feel confused or unclear about the ending, but I wasn't. A good beach read.

Journal Entry 6 by wingbookstogivewing at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Thursday, November 15, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (11/15/2018 UTC) at Hamilton, Ohio USA

Releasing as part of the Wishlist Tag Game, Happy Reading!

To the finder of this book:

Journal Entry 7 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Friday, November 16, 2018
Thanks so much for sending this book to me! I can't wait to read it!

Journal Entry 8 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Tuesday, November 27, 2018
I wasn't sure for a while whether I was enjoying this book or not. The changing perspectives kept throwing me off. It was confusing. But then I let myself give into it and just let the story unfold. Then I started to really get into it. But I didn't like the ending. There was a lot I needed to reflect on and decide whether all the pieces fit together or not. Still not sure, but I'll be eager to read future works by this author.

Journal Entry 9 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Monday, December 24, 2018
Sent to J4shaw as a wishlist tag. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by wingJ4shawwing at Boise, Idaho USA on Sunday, December 30, 2018
Received as part of the USA & Canada Wishlist Tag Game 2018
Thank you mrsjones for sending this on to me.