Picture Miss Seeton

by Heron Carvic | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 1911440535 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/22/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 22, 2018
I brought this home from the book exchange bookshelves within Thirsk Garden Centre this afternoon, making the requested donation towards this lovely market town's Christmas lights. I was drawn to it because I remembered reading another mystery in this series featuring Miss Seeton, Miss Seeton Draws the Line.

Amazon Editorial Review: "When Miss Seeton walks out after a performance of Carmen and witnesses a real-life stabbing, all she can recall is a shadowy figure. But how could she have guessed that her latest artistic endeavour is a picture-perfect portrait of the killer? Her sketch puts her in a perilous position, for back at her recently inherited cottage in Plummergen village, she's fated to be a sitting duck ...for murder most foul! Meet Miss Emily D. Seeton: retired art teacher Miss Seeton steps in where Scotland Yard stumbles. Armed with only her sketch pad and umbrella, she is every inch an eccentric English spinster and the most lovable and unlikely master of detection."

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 20, 2018
A silly, entertaining mystery that had me laughing out loud at times :-)
Miss Seeton, with her trusty umbrella, bumbles her way through all sorts of unpleasantness . . . . murder, drugs, organised crime, prostitution . . . . without really noticing . . . .
Good fun!

Released 1 yr ago (6/27/2018 UTC) at Stockwell Road surgery in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Left on the bookshelves in the porch with the other used books on offer.

Well over a million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 over twelve million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!