The Memory Keeper's Daughter

by Kim Edwards, Jennifer Egan | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/20/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 20, 2018
It should have been an ordinary birth, the start of an ordinary happy family. But the night Dr David Henry delivers his wife's twins is a night that will haunt five lives for ever.For though David's son is a healthy boy, his daughter has Down's syndrome. And, in a shocking act of betrayal whose consequences only time will reveal, he tells his wife their daughter died while secretly entrusting her care to a nurse.As grief quietly tears apart David's family, so a little girl must make her own way in the world as best she can...

A lovely read, both heartwarming & heartbreaking -it bought a lump to my throat on more than one occassion!

I think the quote from Sue Monk Kidd on the back cover sums it up perfectly..."An absolutely mesmerizing premise, drawing you deeply & irrevocably into the entangled lives of two families & the devastating secret that shapes them both. Riveting."

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Charity Shop in Wigtown, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, September 02, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (9/1/2018 UTC) at Charity Shop in Wigtown, Scotland United Kingdom

Released as part of the 2018 SEPTEMBER SAPPHIRE CHALLENGE (#10)
& the 2018 MOVIE BOOKS CHALLENGE (#30)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

You can help us to track this book's travels by taking a moment to make a journal entry - let us know where you found it, what you thought of it or where it's going next - write as much or as little as you like! You can remain anonymous or why not join us? If you decide to join us you will receive an alert every time someone new journals the book, helping you to follow it's travels as it meets new readers.

Enjoy the book!

(If you do decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me,
Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thank you)