Reading Magic: Why Reading Aloud to Our Children Will Change Their Lives Forever

by Mem Fox | Parenting & Families |
Registered by wingemmejowing of Cortland, New York USA on 4/19/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingemmejowing from Cortland, New York USA on Thursday, April 19, 2018
This was an interesting book on strategies to encourage children to enjoy reading, and the benefits of learning to love words. It was a little light on science for my taste, but still compelling and full of a lot of good suggestions. One thing I liked was that it covered a range of ages. I think there is increasing awareness that kids need to be introduced to books before school in order to have the best advantage, but I think people sometimes tend to think if a kid hasn't become a devoted reader in the early grades, they simply won't, and give up older kids who are struggling.

Journal Entry 2 by wingemmejowing at Trumansburg, New York USA on Thursday, May 03, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/2/2018 UTC) at Trumansburg, New York USA

Sent to the winner of the non-fiction sweep. I don't know if you have any young readers in your life, but I think this is a pretty interesting read for anyone with an interest in literacy and how people interact with books.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, May 10, 2018
Thank you for the book. Though I have no young readers in my life, this is an interesting subject to read about. I will certainly give it a read before it travels again.

Update:
I have read through quickly and I agree that reading aloud with young children is very important for their literacy and education. It helps to bond parent and child as well. I hope someone with young ones in the family will benefit from this book.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at -- Somewhere in Richmond in Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, June 22, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (6/22/2018 UTC) at -- Somewhere in Richmond in Richmond, British Columbia Canada

In a play area in the Paulik Neighbourhood Park.

--------------------
Dear Fellow Reader,

This is a travelling book which is free for you to read, keep or pass along.

I have registered the book at www.bookcrossing.com so that others and I can see where this book goes. I hope you will make a journal entry on the website to mark its journey; you do not have to register or sign up for anything to do so. But I encourage you to explore the site too.

Enjoy the read.