Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood

by Marjane Satrapi | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 037571457X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingSpatialwing of Arlington, Virginia USA on 4/22/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingSpatialwing from Arlington, Virginia USA on Sunday, April 22, 2018
Selected for the winner of the Non-Fiction Sweepstakes!

I chose this book because it is one that I have read before and I really enjoyed it!

Journal Entry 2 by wingSpatialwing at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Sunday, April 22, 2018

Released 11 mos ago (4/22/2018 UTC) at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

Congratulations!
You are the winner of Round 7 of the Non-Fiction Sweepstakes!
I hope you enjoy this book!

Sent via Better World Books

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

Journal Entry 3 by mcsar at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, May 11, 2018
The book arrived safe and sound. I do enjoy graphic novels and I have never read a memoir in graphic novel form. Thank you for the opportunity.

-----------------------------
Updated May 23, 2018

I really enjoyed this one. It is important to be reminded that there are people involved in the news and conflicts around the world. People from different cultures share so much similarities. I thank you very much for sending me this.

-------
Reserved for July - One book a Month.

Journal Entry 4 by mcsar at One Book a Month, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (8/21/2018 UTC) at One Book a Month, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

On its way to Arvores who won the draw. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingArvoreswing at Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on Friday, September 14, 2018
The book arrived today, safe and sound. It came with a cute card with fat, lazy, crazy cats on it :-) And there was an extra BC label, too. Very useful.
Thank you so much mcsar, for sharing the book and for all the kindness. I truly appreciate it.

Journal Entry 6 by wingArvoreswing at Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on Wednesday, November 14, 2018
At first, I didn't understand all the excitement about this book. I heard so many wonderful things about it, but for me it was just "ok".
As the reading developed, I've found it more and more interesting, as it reports the control of politicians and politics over people, all the fake news that have been choking us, and the way people can be so easily and dangerously manipulated. I lived through a war myself in Africa, and I know how overwhelming the tension can be and how shocking people's behaviour can be (even your own family can turn against you). So, in that sense, this book is very important, also because it brings into light the recent history of Iran.

Journal Entry 7 by Wilena at Entraigues, Auvergne France on Saturday, November 24, 2018
The book arrived today, I am so happy of your choice. I have loved her animation based on her book, I wanted to read it since years and you make it now possible ! Thanks a lot !

And thanks too for the nice postcard and the wonderful stamps ! :-)