The Belles

by Dhonielle Clayton | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingSpatialwing of Moneta, Virginia USA on 4/9/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingSpatialwing from Moneta, Virginia USA on Monday, April 09, 2018
I don't often pre-order a book but the description, early reviews, and gorgeous cover convinced me to do just that! It was a fun read. A little slow until right near the end when it picked up and zipped to the end. And beware of the sugar high you'll get when reading all the many, many edible descriptions, but the world was vivid! And those post balloons sound fantastic! Let's make them real!

There were some unanswered questions that I'm assuming will be answered in the next book. But seriously, some of them should/could have been fleshed out in this book. I don't think they needed to remain a mystery. But hey, I have no idea what the author has in mind. It might make more sense in the next book(s?).

There have been some Trigger Warnings in various people's reviews. Feel free to check out Goodreads or other sites if you want to know more to make a more informed decision about reading this book.

And make sure to read the author's letter to the reader at the end. It brings a new understanding and dimension to the story.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSpatialwing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (4/10/2018 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Selected to travel with the Round IV Otherworldly Bookbox.

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

Congratulations! You've found a traveling book!
See where I've been and track where I go by creating an account and writing a journal entry for this book.
Wish to remain anonymous? Then no need to create an account, just write a journal entry letting us know where you found the book and review it if you like.

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

Journal Entry 3 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Monday, June 11, 2018
I picked this book out of emmejo's Otherworldly Bookbox. Looks like a good read. Thanks for sharing!