Brighton Rock (Twentieth Century Classics)

by Graham Greene | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by dolph1n of Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on 4/8/2018
Journal Entry 1 by dolph1n from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 08, 2018
A gang war is raging through the dark underworld of Brighton. Seventeen-year-old Pinkie, malign and ruthless, has killed a man. Believing he can escape retribution, he is unprepared for the courageous, life-embracing Ida Arnold. Greene's gripping thriller, exposes a world of loneliness and fear, of life lived on the 'dangerous edge of things'.

Journal Entry 2 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 08, 2018
Quite a harrowing read but I did enjoy it.

Journal Entry 3 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 01, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (9/4/2018 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Sending as a surprise RABCK.

Journal Entry 4 by kingfan30 at -- Somewhere in Lincs, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 05, 2018
Thank you so much for the extra wish list book, let me know if I can send you anything in return 😊

12 Nov 18 - This is such a famous book, my hubby originated not far from Brighton and although not a big reader he had heard of this. Having spent many visits to see family it’s fascinating to see names of places i recognise, however it’s hard to picture what it may have been like in the era this book is based. It was never going to be an easy read, gang land Brighton with such a young leader is not something you expect to read about, especially one who is prepared to do anything to reach his goal, and the ending and his thought process is quite shocking. I did find that I needed all my attention for this book though, it seemed to change tack quite quickly so that if you weren’t on it, a paragraph later you were wondering what had happened and I would have to re-read. I’m intersect to check out the film now to see how it was portrayed on screen.

Journal Entry 5 by kingfan30 at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (11/13/2018 UTC) at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

Sent on as part of the wish list tag forum

Journal Entry 6 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 16, 2018
Book arrived safely. I look forward to reading it. Thanks for sharing.